Petition for children (married & unmarried)

A U.S. citizen may petition for children (married or unmarried) to immigrate to the U.S. If the child is under 21 years of age and is unmarried at the time of the petition, he/she is considered an immediate relative and is not subject to any preference (no waiting for visa availability). If the child is over 21 years of age and is unmarried, the petition is subject to waiting time as in preference 2B. If he/she is married, the petition is subject to waiting time as required in preference 3. After the petition has been approved, it will be sent to National Visa Center for further processing before your child is interviewed by the U.S. consulate or embassy where he/she resides.

Our office will assist you to complete the petition package and to ensure it is as complete as required by USCIS. We will follow up with USCIS to make sure it is approved within the USCIS processing timeframe. If USCIS requests for additional evidence or documents, we will also help you prepare a complete package to respond to their request. In addition, our office in Vietnam will obtain all necessary documents or signature from your children to complete the petition in the fastest manner.

Time required:
The waiting time required for the immigrant visa petition to be approved depends on each period and preference.

Documents required:
• Copy of your passport, naturalization certificate or U.S. birth certificate
• Copy of marriage certificate of your children (if they are married)
• Your child’s birth certificate
• Certificate of name change (if have)


Comments are closed.