Petition for fiance

Petition with USCIS

A K1 fiancé visa is a nonimmigrant visa, which allows a foreign fiancé or fiancée’s entry into the U.S. to marry an U.S.citizen. After marriage, an application is made for an adjustment of status for permanent residence.

Obtaining the K1 visa is a multi-step process. First, the U.S. citizen files a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once it is approved, the foreign fiancé will be allowed to complete the process to obtain a K1 visa. The foreign fiancé will provide additional documentation to the local U.S. embassy, attend a medical exam and visa interview.

The petitioner must show that he/she and the foreign fiancé have met in person within the last two years prior to the filing of the petition and have the intention to marry within 90 days after the fiancé’s arrival in the U.S. when filing the petition for fiancé visa.

Our office will assist you to complete the petition package and to ensure they are as complete as required by USCIS. We will follow up with your petition to make sure they are approved within the USCIS processing timeframe. If USCIS requests for additional evidence or documents, we will also help you to prepare a complete package to respond to their request. In addition, our office in Vietnam will obtain all necessary documents or signature from your fiance to complete the petition in the fastest manner.

Time required:
The waiting time required for the immigrant visa petition to be approved varies. However, it usually takes from 4-6 months.

Documents required:
• Copy of your passport, naturalization certificate or U.S. birth certificate
• Copy of evidence of your last in-person meeting
• Copy of divorce judgment or death certificate of your ex-spouse (if any)
• Two passport photos (2 inch x 2 inch )


Comments are closed.